Handy Guides: Australian Convicts Pack (set of 7)
- Usually Ships WIthin 7 Days
Media: 7 BOOKLETS - vary from 4-12 pages
Other: colour photos, websites, further reading
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Set of 7 convict handy guides at 50% discount.
Most Australians are pleased to find a convict in the family these days. One who gained a 'free' voyage to Australia. Maybe they were an early European settler, or a bit of a rebel, but making the best of their adversities.
Governments recorded a convict's trial and sentence, imprisonment, transportation, assignments and punishments until the offender left the convict system by death or freedom - so there is generally more information available about convicts than free settlers of the same period.
This set of 7 convict handy guides gives you an overview of convicts to Australia from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales as well the various Australian colonies: New South Wales, Moreton Bay (Queensland), Norfolk Island, Port Phillip in Victoria, Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania), Western Australia and Norfolk Island. They include plenty of links for you to look further, as well as lists of books for further reading.
THIS SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TITLES:
- Handy Guide: Convicts: From trial to freedom - printed guide / ebook
- Handy Guide: Convict Records of New South Wales: The Human Stories of the Transportation System - printed guide / ebook
- Handy Guide: Convicts: Port Phillip District - printed guide / ebook
- Handy Guide: Convicts: The Moreton Bay Penal Settlement 1824-1839: "A place of security and substance" - printed guide / ebook
- Handy Guide: Tasmanian Convicts - printed guide / ebook
- Handy Guide: Western Australian Convicts - printed guide / ebook
- Handy Guide: Convict Records of Norfolk Island 1788-1814 - printed guide / ebook
ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN EBOOK SET
OTHER CONVICT GUIDES