How much is my shipping?
Shipping is automatically calculated prior to submitting your payment information. Simply add items to your cart and proceed to the Checkout page where you will be offered Shipping Method choices and their prices.
- We have a low flat rate standard shipping charge to most packages in Australia - a single charge per order. A lower (flat) rate applies to a single small item in one order.
- Australia Standard delivery - $12.95 per order (usually 4-7 days)
- Australia small item delivery - $8.95 per order (usually 4-7 days)
- Australia Express Post - at cost based on weight of package (usually 1-4 days) - Our warehouse is outside the express post guarantee zone, so there is no guarantee of next day delivery - see further notes below.
- Overseas - at cost based on weight of package sent by air (usually 10-15 working days)
- You can get a freight estimate in your shopping cart, this will also show the available options. Freight will be correctly shown in the checkout for the items ordered when the delivery address is added and the freight option selected.
- A freight surcharge applies to a small number of heavy or bulky items, such as scanners or large book sets. The shopping cart will correctly account for this when the delivery address is added and the freight option selected.
See also "When will my order ship".
What places does Express Post serve?
Express Post is a next business day delivery service within Australia - to some delivery destinations - to all capital cities (except Darwin and in Perth CBD only) and a number of other important centres.
However, our warehouse is outside the express post next day delivery zone, so there is no guarantee of next day delivery. It is usually treated higher priority by Australia Post.
Gould Genealogy will aim to send Express Post orders within 24 hours of receipt on business days, but on occasions of excessive workload this may not always be possible. And there is no value in Express Post for special order products.
Do you ship to my country?
Please create an account by clicking the "Create Account" link at the top of our site. During signup we'll ask for your shipping address details, including country. If your country is not in the dropdown menu of available countries, please contact customer service to see if we can ship to your country.
When will my order ship?
Please see each individual product page for more information on the availability of each product. Also, after placing your order, you may click the "Sign in" link at the top of our site to track the status of your order. You will receive email confirmation when your order has been sent. Orders are usually processed and posted within 2-3 working days, and often the same day if received early in the day. If payment does not accompany the order, it will be held until payment is received.
Packages are shipped by Australia Post and should be delivered to Australian addresses in 5-10 working days from shipping. They may come by eParcel, requiring signature on receipt.
Packages to other countries are sent airmail and should be delivered within 10-15 working days.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.