Handy Guide: Convicts: From Trial to Freedom
- Usually Ships WIthin 7 Days
Media: BOOKLET - 8 pages
Author: K. Farmer
Other: colour photos, websites, further reading
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Most Australians are pleased to find a convict in the family these days. One who gained a 'free' voyage to Australia. Maybe they were an early European settler, or a bit of a rebel, but making the best of their adversities.
Governments recorded a convict's trial and sentence, imprisonment, transportation, assignments and punishments until the offender left the convict system by death or freedom - so there is generally more information available about convicts than free settlers of the same period.
This Handy Guide gives you a quick overview of convicts to Australia from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It gives information about what you can find on convicts in newspapers, information on transportation, and the records that you can find on them in Australia. The guide then gives information about convicts in the various Australian colonies: New South Wales, Moreton Bay in Queensland, Norfolk Island, Port Phillip in Victoria, South Australia, Van Diemen's Land, and Western Australia. It includes plenty of links for you to look further, as well as a list of books for further reading.
ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN EBOOK
ALL CONVICT GUIDES
- Handy Guide: Convicts: From trial to freedom - printed guide - ebook
- Handy Guide: Convict Records of New South Wales: The Human Stories of the Transportation System - printed guide - ebook
- Handy Guide: Convicts: Port Phillip District - printed guide - ebook
- Handy Guide: Convicts: The Moreton Bay Penal Settlement 1824-1839: “A place of security and substance” - printed guide - ebook
- Handy Guide: Tasmanian Convicts - printed guide - ebook
- Handy Guide: Western Australian Convicts - printed guide - ebook
- Handy Guide: Convict Records of Norfolk Island 1788-1814 - printed guide - ebook
- SET OF 7 Convict Handy Guides - coming soon
- Guide to convict transportation lists: 1787-1800 - printed guide - ebook
- Guide to convict transportation lists: 1801-1812 - printed guide - ebook
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS