Dunbar Family Records
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD
The great family of Dunbar, whose name means 'strength on the summit' or 'fort on the hill', originally were descended from the Saxon kings of England.
This CD contains a collection of materials relating to the Dunbar family. Included in this selection are the following books and articles:
- The Dunbar section, giving an introductory history of the family, from The Scottish Nation; or, the Surnames, Families, Literature, Honours, and Biographical History of the People of Scotland, by William Anderson.
- Dunbars 1000 Years, William Dunbar of Kilconzie.
- The Dunbar material from The Scots Peerage, by Sir James Balfour Paul
- The chapter on the Dunbars of Hempriggs from Caithness Family History, as well as a note on the family from Scottish Notes and Queries.
- Material on the Earls of Dunbar and March from The East Neuk of Fife.
- "The Earls of Dunbar and March, from Dugdale Forden the Chronicle of Melrose The Chartularys of Melrose and Coldstream and Mr. Simpsons Draught of the Series of them," from Macfarlanes Genealogical Collections.
- Notes on the Dunbars of Cullen from Scottish Notes and Queries.
- Dunbar Pedigree: A Biographical Chart Tracing Descent of the Dunbar Family through Fourteen Successive Centuries from the Early English and Scottish Kings, by William Jaggard.
This CD consists of scans of the original books or documents, which can be browsed, enlarged and printed if required. Please note: it is not searchable.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later