Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook: A How-To Manual for Tracing Your Family Tree on the #1 Genealogy Website
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: BOOK - paperback, 192 pages
Author: N. Hendrickson
Other: b&w photos, worksheets, appendixes
Publisher: Family Tree Books
Ancestry.com keeps growing with new records added every month, but how can you find your ancestors on the huge, and ever-changing website? In this workbook, an essential companion to the "Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com", you'll learn how to use Ancestry.com to its full advantage with detailed guides to searching Ancestry.com's digitised records.
Each section briefly discusses how to search Ancestry.com for a particular type of record (including census records, vital records (BDMs), and historical publications), then shares detailed, illustrated tutorials that put those strategies into practice.
And with the worksheets and genealogy forms in each section, you can easily plan your own Ancestry.com searches and apply what you've learned.
The Workbook features include:
- Introductions to using the seven most important record groups on Ancestry.com, plus tips to navigate AncestryDNA and use DNA test results in your research
- Step-by-step case studies showing how to use Ancestry.com to find ancestors and solve research problems
- Fill-in worksheets and forms that let you apply the book's techniques to your own research
Packed with expert advice, handy worksheets, and real-life search scenarios, this workbook will give you the hands-on knowledge you need to mine Ancestry.com for your family's records.
Please note: all the examples included in this book are US orientated, but the concepts and worksheets are still useful for research in any country.
1. Search and the Card Catalog
2. Census Records
3. Birth, Marriage and Death Records
4. Military Records
5. Immigration Records
6. Historical Maps, Images, Newspapers and Publications
7. Social History
Appendix A. Account Info and Quick Links
Appendix B. Research Checklists and Worksheets
Appendix C. Census Abstract Forms