show / hide sidebar
Scottish Military Uniforms
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD
This CD is one in the "Sourcebook" series, which present on one disc a variety of materials on a given topic. This particular sourcebook brings together a wide selection of articles dealing with some aspect of Scottish military uniforms and weaponry. Included are:
- "The Armament of the Clans"
- "The Black Watch Tartan," by H.D. MacWilliam
- "Celtic Art on Scottish Pistols," by Joseph R. Mayer
- "The Earliest Bronze Swords in Britain and their Origin on the Continent of Europe"
- "Notices of the Highland Dress and Armour"
- "The Highland Sword," by W. Drummond-Norie
- "The Uniforms of the Jacobite Army," by Bruce Seton
- "Highland Military Dress," by Maj. I. H. Mackay Scobie
- "Early Scots Military Uniforms"
- "Note on the Proclamation for disarming of the Highlands in 1746"
- "The First Uniform Tartan"
- "Royal Company of Archers -- The First Tartan Uniform"
This CD consists of scans of the original books or artcles, which can be browsed, enlarged and printed if required. Please note: it is not searchable.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later