show / hide sidebar
Scottish Military Uniforms
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD
This CD is one in the "Sourcebook" series, which present on one disc a variety of materials on a given topic. This particular sourcebook brings together a wide selection of articles dealing with some aspect of Scottish military uniforms and weaponry. Included are:
- "The Armament of the Clans"
- "The Black Watch Tartan," by H.D. MacWilliam
- "Celtic Art on Scottish Pistols," by Joseph R. Mayer
- "The Earliest Bronze Swords in Britain and their Origin on the Continent of Europe"
- "Notices of the Highland Dress and Armour"
- "The Highland Sword," by W. Drummond-Norie
- "The Uniforms of the Jacobite Army," by Bruce Seton
- "Highland Military Dress," by Maj. I. H. Mackay Scobie
- "Early Scots Military Uniforms"
- "Note on the Proclamation for disarming of the Highlands in 1746"
- "The First Uniform Tartan"
- "Royal Company of Archers -- The First Tartan Uniform"
This CD consists of scans of the original books or artcles, which can be browsed, enlarged and printed if required. Please note: it is not searchable.
Please read carefully: If this CD is for use in a Society, Group or Public Library you will need a library licence, this price is two times the full retail price. You will then be issued with a library certificate for the product - please note the licence allows for the CD to be used in situ at the library or society reading room. The publisher's terms do not allow users to publish their products or extracts on the internet. Also terms also exclude using these products to provide a lookup service, or selling disks of sets individually.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later