New Zealand Electoral Roll 1935 Volumes 1-20
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 2 CDs (19,631 pages)
Year: (1935) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Prior to 1966, electoral rolls are the nearest thing New Zealanders have to census records and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This compendium contains the electoral rolls for all New Zealand districts for 1935 - almost 20,000 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each district. You will find the details of about 900,000 people who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the Parliament of New Zealand. As well as the General Roll, the Supplementary Roll for each district is also included in the compendium.
The electoral districts in 1935 were:
- Volume 1 Auckland Central, Auckland East, Auckland Suburbs and Auckland West
- Volume 2 Avon, Awarua, Bay of Plenty and Bay of Islands
- Volume 3 Buller, Mid-Canterbury, Chalmers and Christchurch East
- Volume 4 Christchurch North, Christchurch South and Clutha
- Volume 5 Dunedin Central, Dunedin North, Dunedin South and Dunedin West
- Volume 6 Eden, Egmont, Franklin and Gisborne
- Volume 7 Grey Lynn, Hamilton and Hauraki
- Volume 8 Hawkes Bay, Hurunui, Hutt and Invercargill
- Volume 9 Kaiapoi, Kaipara, Lyttelton and Manawatu
- Volume 10 Manukau, Marsden, Masterton and Mataura
- Volume 11 Motueka, Napier, Nelson and Oamaru
- Volume 12 Oroua, Central Otago, Otaki and Pahiatua
- Volume 13 Palmerston, Parnell, Patea and New Plymouth
- Volume 14 Raglan, Rangitikei, Riccarton and Roskill
- Volume 15 Rotorua, Stratford, Tauranga and Temuka
- Volume 16 Thames, Timaru, Waikato and Waimarino
- Volume 17 Waipawa, Wairarapa, Wairau and Waitaki
- Volume 18 Waitemata, Wallace, Wanganui and Waitomo
- Volume 19 Wellington Central, Wellington East and Wellington North
- Volume 20 Westland, Wellington Suburbs and Wellington South
A section at the end of each electoral district lists the electors whose names had been removed from the main roll after it was closed for printing; also changes in address and occupation which occurred after printing of the main roll.
The following information is included for each entry:
- No. on roll
- Name in full
- Occupation or Addition
- Property qualification (if any)
- Electoral District
This compendium contains high quality scanned images of the original rolls, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.