New South Wales Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1935
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 2 CDs (16,392 pages)
Year: (1935) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
The CDs include the rolls for Barton, Cook, Cowper, Dalley, Darling, East Sydney, Hume, Lang, Parkes, Parramatta, Reid, Richmond, Riverina, Robertson, Warringah, Watson, Wentworth, Werriwa, and West Sydney Divisions of New South Wales in 1935 over 16,000 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of hundreds of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Barton - Bexley, Hurstville, Kogarah, Kogarah North, Oatley, Peakhurst, Ramsgate, and Rockdale
- Cook - Alexandria, Botany, Camdenville, Erskineville, Mascot, Newtown, La Perouse, Redfern, Rosebery, St Peters, Tempe and Waterloo.
- Cowper - Bellingen, Bulahdelah, Chatsworth Island, Coffs Harbour, Copmanhurst, Dorrigo, Forster, Glenreagh, Grafton, Grafton South, Kempsey, Kempsey East, Kendall, Macksville, Maclean, Port Macquarie, Smithtown, Taree, Tinonee, Ulmarra, Wauchope, and Wingham.
- Dalley - Annandale, Annandale South, Dulwich Hill, Leichhardt, Leichhardt East, Lewisham, Lilyfield, Marrickville, Newington, and Petersham.
- Darling - Balranald, Booligal, Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Broken Hill North, Broken Hill South, Carinda, Cobar, Coonamble, Dubbo, Eauabalong, Gilgandra, Gulargambone, Hay, Ivanhoe, Louth, Menindee, Milparinka, Moulamein, Narromine, Nyngan, Pooncarie, Silverton, Torrowangee, Tottenham, Warren, Wentworth, White Cliffs, and Wilcannia.
- East Sydney - Darlinghurst, Darlinghurst West, Foveaux, Glenmore, King, Nithsdale, Paddington, Surry Hills, and Woollahra West.
- Hume - Adelong, Albury, Binalong, Boorowa, Bowna, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Gundagai, Harden, Holbrook, Howlong, Lockhart, Tarcutta, The Rock, Tooma, Tumbarumba, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, Walbundrie, Yass, and Young.
- Lang - Arncliffe, Belmore, Campsie, Earlwood, Harcourt, Kingsgrove, Lakemba, Marrickville South, and Punchbowl.
- Parkes - Ashbury, Ashfield, Ashfield West, Burwood, Croydon Park, Enfield, Marrickville West, Strathfield, and Summer Hill.
- Parramatta - Beecroft, Epping, Gordon, Parramatta, Parramatta North, Ryde, Ryde West, Turramurra, and Waitara.
- Reid - Auburn, Auburn North, Bankstown, Bankstown North, Flemington, Granville, Homebush, Lidcombe, and Merrylands.
- Richmond - Acacia Creek, Ballina, Byron Bay, Casino, Deepwater, Drake, Eltham, Glen Innes, Kyogle, Lismore, Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah, Nimbin, Tenterfield, Tweeds Heads, and Woodburn.
- Riverina - Ardlethan, Barmedman, Berrigan, Cargelligo, Carrathool, Coolamon, Corowa, Deniliquin, Griffith, Hillston, Jerilderie, Junee, Leeton, Moama, Mulwala, Narrandera, North Wagga Wagga, Temora, Urana, and West Wyalong.
- Robertson - Branxton, Broke, Castle Hill, Dora Creek, Dural, Gosford, Hornsby, Jerrys Plains, Rylstone, Seven Hills, Singleton, Smithfield, Teralba, Wisemans Ferry, Wollombi, and Wyong.
- Warringah - Balgowlah, Camaray, Manly, Mosman, Narrabeen, and Neutral Bay.
- Watson - Centennial Park, Clovelly, Coogee, Kensington, Maroubra, Maroubra North, Randwick, Randwick East, Randwick North, and Waverley South.
- Wentworth - Bellevue Hill, Bondi, Bondi North, Bronte, Rose Bay, Vaucluse, Waverley, and Woollahra.
- Werriwa - Camden, Campbelltown, Dapto, Helensburgh, Ingleburn, Kembla, Liverpool, Mittagong, Picton, Sutherland, Thirroul, Waterfall Sanatorium, Wollongong, and Woonona.
- West Sydney - Balmain, Balmain East, Camperdown, Darling Harbour, Forest Lodge, Glebe, Golden Grove, Kentville, Kingston, Macdonaldtown, Phillip, Pyrmont, Rozelle, and Toxteth.
The following information is included for each elector:
- No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division, State Electoral District and the Subdivision
This compendium set contains 19 of the 28 electoral divisions covering New South Wales in 1935.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.