Google: The Genealogist's Friend - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 5MB (52 pages)
Author: H. Smith
Other: b&w & colour photos, index
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Everyone knows Google as the most used search engine in the world, but for genealogists it can do so much more to further their family history research.
Finding an image of the ship on which your ancestor went to war, using Street view to walk the streets of your ancestral area, translating that document, finding that distant cousin who has the photos of family bible, mapping their migration path - these are just some of the ways you can use Google in your family history.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
Just Google it!
- Automatic AND
- Quotation marks
- Wildcard (*)
- Excluding terms
- Search for specific file types
- AROUND ()
- Number range
- Other operators
- Use Google's Advanced Search form
- Cached sites
- Reverse image search
- Google Keep
- Google Calendar
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Google Drawings
- Google Forms
- Translate text
- Translate documents
- Translate web sites to any language
- Finding documents
YouTube: more than cat videos
- Searching the database
- My library
Google Blogs: Blogger
- Web Albums
- Facial recognition
- My Maps
- Google the Genealogist's Friend - printed book
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS
MORE GUIDES BY HELEN SMITH
- Handy Guide: Researching Your Health History - ebook
- Handy Guide: Researching Your Health History - printed guide
- Handy Guide: Wring the record dry! Getting the most out of your genealogy documents - ebook
- Handy Guide: Wring the record dry! Getting the most out of your genealogy documents - printed guide
- Death Certificates and Archaic Medical Terms - ebook
- Death Certificates and Archaic Medical Terms - printed book