Handy Guide: Wring the Record Dry: Getting the Most Out of Your Genealogy Documents - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 1MB (4 pages)
Author: H. Smith
Other: coloured photos, websites, further reading
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Genealogists use original documents and records throughout their research. It is important that every bit of information contained within a document is extracted, analysed for clues and hints for further research and a summary of your findings/analysis and conclusion is written.
Document or record analysis involved not just the contents of the document or record, but the physical appearance and properties of the document as well.
This Handy Guide gives you an easy to follow run down on 'how' to analyse a record or document. Obviously it starts with undertaking a general analysis of the record, then goes on to roadmapping the record, followed by asking which calendar was in use at that period.
You'll also get tips on how to transcribe the record, create an abstract of the genealogical details from it, and write up a report of that records.
Analysing every document is something we NEED to do - as researchers we need to question everything.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS
MORE GUIDES BY HELEN SMITH
- Handy Guide: Researching Your Health History - ebook
- Handy Guide: Researching Your Health History - printed guide
- Death certificates & archaic medical terms 2nd edn - ebook
- Death certificates & archaic medical terms 2nd edn - printed guide
- Google the genealogist's friend - ebook
- Google the genealogist's friend - printed guide