Yewen's Directory of Landholders, New South Wales 1900 - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File format: PDF file - 63MB (584 pages)
Year: (1900) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
This was the "first broad attempt at publishing a complete directory of landowners in New South Wales ..." The directory is divided into approximately 1900 postal localities grouped under 87 larger districts. There is an introduction and summary to each district. It indicates for each landholder whether they are dairy farmers, graziers or agriculturalists and what crops are under cultivation in the following categories - wheat, maize, barley, oats, potatoes, tobacco, sugar, other crops, grapes and orchard fruits.
This a wonderful, extensive guide to over 70,000 landholders throughout NSW, by district and postal address. The main directory is supplemented by further useful information:
- A list of butter factories, creameries, cheese and bacon factories, flour mills, sugar mills, ice works etc.
- a large fold out chart with a breakdown of crops under cultivation and livestock by district
- a summary table of the landed estate of New South Wales
- indexes to the districts, the postal localities and over 50 advertisers in the directory.
Family historians will find this directory useful in not only easily locating their forbears, but also for details on their farming activities and their neighbourhood. Local historians will find here a unique insight to their district in 1900.
It contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.
NOTE: this product is supplied as a digital download
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed
ALSO AVAILABLE ON CD-ROM
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS