Victorian Directory 1942 (Sands and McDougall)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2480 pages)
Author: Sands & McDougall
Year: (1942) 2012
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
A massive directory of 2,480 pages, this Sands and McDougall directory, which in 1942 was in its 86th year of publication, covers Victoria and Canberra, A.C.T. as well.It is divided into a number of main sections:
- City Streets Directory which includes suburban areas, with a street index, and street by street listings of all houses and the householder at each address
- A Country Towns Directory section that lists people alphabetically for each town together with their occupation
- An Alphabetical Directory covering the whole of Victoria
- Melbourne and Suburban Professional and Trade Directory, listing people by their trade
- Country Professional and Trade Directory, which complements the Melbourne list to give coverage of all Victoria
- Agricultural and Pastoral lists all individuals engaged in the various branches of agriculture in Victoria, grouped under their various agricultural activities
- Canberra, A.C.T. lists Commonwealth Parliament Departments, Boards etc., and includes names of all business and professional individuals, and householders.
Separate sections are given for the following areas, making the work comprehensive and complete:
- State Government and Official
- Legal and Judicial including Justices of the Peace
- Ecclesiastical Apostolic, Australian Church, Baptist Church of Victoria, Bible Standard Lighthouse Temple, Catholic Apostolic, Catholic, Church of Christ, Church of Christ Scientist, Church of England, Congregational, Free Presbyterian, Greek Orthodox, Hebrew Synagogue, Latter Day Saints, Lutheran, Melbourne City Mission, Methodist, Particular Baptist, Presbyterian, Salvation Army, Seventh Day Adventist, Society of Friends (Quakers), Unitarian Church, Welsh Presbyterian Churches, Zion Tabernacle
The directory includes many pages of advertisements - all useful information, often including names of people and places. The whole directory, including most text in the advertisements, is searchable, useful not only for finding names, but also places, occupations and other information for family and local historians.
(Rail to Lancefield, 46 miles, thence 12 miles. Shire of Pyalong, County of Dalhousie)
Campbell, Andw., farmer
Cullen, Thomas J.
Ellis, Hy. J., farmer
Falvey, Benjamin D.
Fitzgerald, Patk., farmer
Halpin. John, sen, grazier
Kennedy. Denis E., farmer
McKenzie-McHarg. A., farmer
Mitchell, P. &. W. R.
Paterson, Wm. J., grazier
Whalen, Patk., farmer
This product contains high quality scanned images of the original directory. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text