Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1943
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2655 pages)
Year: (1943) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD includes the rolls for Bass, Denison, Darwin, Franklin and Wilmot Divisions of Tasmania in 1943 Â over 2600 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in Tasmania at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Bass - Flinders, George Town, Launceston Central, Launceston East, Launceston North, Launceston West, Lilydale, Portland, Ringarooma, Scottsdale and St Leonards
- Denison - Hobart Central, Hobart East, Hobart North, Hobart South, Hobart West, New Town and Queenborough
- Darwin - Circular Head, Devonport, Emu Bay, Gormanston, Kentish, King Island, Leven, Penguin, Queenstown, Strahan, Table Cape, Waratah and Zeehan
- Franklin - Clarence, Esperance, Glenorchy, Huon, Kingborough, Moonah, Nelson, New Norfolk, Port Cygnet, Richmond, Sorell, Spring Bay and Tasman
- Wilmot - Beaconsfield, Bothwell, Brighton, Campbell Town, Deloraine, Evandale, Fingal, Glamorgan, Hamilton, Latrobe, Longford, Oatlands and Westbury
Maps of each subdivision are included.
The following information is included for each entry:
- No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division and Subdivision
- State Assembly Division
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text