South Australian Directory 1930 (Sands and McDougall)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2254 pages)
Author: J. Sands & D. McDougall
Year: (1930) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
What is a Directory?
In general terms a directory is an extended version of our current day white pages and yellow pages combined (without the telephone numbers). They list many thousands of names, occupations and addresses ... but also so much more.
What information does this Directory contain?
The Sands and McDougall directories (or Sands and Mac as some know them), are known to be amongst the most comprehensive. Divided into various sections you will find the following: Alphabetical name directory, Street directory, Trade and Professional directory, Townships directory, Corporations directory, Ecclesiastical directory, Legal and Municipal directory, Government and official directory, Pastoral and Agricultural directory and a Banks and Societies directory together with and hundreds of Advertisements.
How can this Directory help me?
They contain an immense amount both information, both for the genealogist and historian.
- The alphabetical section lists the names of each head of household, their address, and in many cases their occupation as well
- The street directory lists individuals and businesses house-by-house street-by-street.
- The trade and professional directories contain information on businesses and companies, listed alphabetically by trade.
- The other sections contain names of holding government positions, those in medical and ecclesiastical professions, society office holders, and much more...
- The advertisements are a useful source of information as well.
What areas are covered by this Directory?
This street directory covers both the following suburbs of Adelaide: Brighton, Burnside, Campbelltown, East Torrens, Glenelg, Henley & Grange, Hindmarsh, Kensington & Norwood, Marion, Mitcham, North Adelaide, Payneham, Port Adelaide, Prospect, South Adelaide, St Peters, Thebarton, Unley, Walkerville, West Torrens, Woodville, Yatala South.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text