Queensland Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1943
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (10969 pages)
Year: (1943) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
There are almost 11,000 pages in the full set of 1943 Commonwealth electoral rolls for Queensland. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of about 600,000 voters who resided in Queensland at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote.
The electoral divisions covered by this CD are:
- Brisbane - Brisbane, Fortitude Valley, Ithaca, Kelvin Grove, Merthyr, Paddington, and Toowong
- Capricornia - Banana, Bundaberg, Duaringa, Eidsvold, Emerald, Fitzroy, Gladstone, Keppel, Livingstone, Mount Morgan, Musgrave, Nebo, Rockhampton, Rockhampton North, St. Lawrence, and Springsure
- Darling Downs - Allora, Clifton, Crows Nest, East Toowoomba, Esk, Gatton, Greenmount, Helidon, Highfields, Ipswich North, Killarney, Laidley, Leyburn, Marburg, Oakey, Rosewood, Toowoomba, Warwick, and Yarraman
- Griffith - Bulimba, Buranda, Coorparoo, Kurilpa, Maree, South Brisbane and Stephens. There is a detailed map and description of the boundaries for each of the subdivisions.
- Herbert - Ayr, Bowen, Ingham, Innisfail, Mackay, Mirani, Proserpine, Thuringowa, Townsville, and Tully
- Kennedy - Alpha, Aramac, Atherton, Barcaldine, Boulia, Burke, Cairns, Charters Towers, Chillagoe, Clermont, Cloncurry, Cooktown, Croydon, Dalrymple, Douglas, Georgetown, Gordonvale, Herberton, Hughenden, Longreach, Mareeba, Muttaburra, Normanton, Pentland, Ravenswood, Richmond, Somerset, and Winton.
- Lilley - Enoggera, Nundah, Sandgate, Toombul, and Windsor. There is a detailed map and description of the boundaries for each of the subdivisions.
- Maranoa - Adavale, Augathella, Blackall, Bollon, Charleville, Chinchilla, Cunnamulla, Dalby, Eulo, Gayndah, Goondiwindi, Inglewood, Isisford, Jondaryan, Jundah, Miles, Mitchell, Nanango, Pittsworth, Roma, St. George, Stanthorpe, Surat, Tambo, Taroom, Texas, Thargomindah, Windorah, and Yeulba
- Moreton - Beaudesert, Boonah, Bremer, Cleveland, Goodna, Harrisville, Ipswich, Logan, Moggill, Mount Gravatt, Sherwood, Southport, The Islands, and Wynnum
- Wide Bay - Biggenden, Caboolture, Childers, Gin Gin, Gympie, Howard, Kilkivan, Landsborough, Maleny, Maryborough, Mount Perry, Nambour, North Pine, Pialba, Tiaro, Widgee, Wondai, and Woodford
The following information is included for most (but not all) entries:
- No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division and the Subdivision
DIVISION OF CAPRICORNIA. ROLL OF ELECTORS for the Subdivision of ROCKHAMPTON NORTH.
No., Name in Full, Place of Living, Occupation, and Sex of each Elector. M signifies male; F signifies female.
1 ABBOTT, Ada Louise, Richardson rd., home duties, F
2 Abbott, Anthony Naylor, 85 Lucas st., labourer, M
3 Abbott, Archibald Susan, Grand Central Hotel, Emu Park, F
4 Abbott, Arthur Walter George, Richardson rd., off Haynes st., labourer, M
This product contains high quality scanned images of each of the original volumes from the 1943 Electoral Roll. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text