New Zealand Gazette 1881
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (1729 pages)
Year: (1881) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields. The "New Zealand Gazette" is the official newspaper of the Government of New Zealand. The first issue was printed in August 1839, and it still continues today at a rate of one issue a week. Each edition of the "New Zealand Gazette" is divided into commercial and government notices, covering business proceedings, bankruptcies, land transfer notices, departmental and parliamentary notices.
The New Zealand Gazette Office also publishes a Customs Edition, Special Editions, Supplements, Professional and Trade Lists from time to time.
You will find the following listed in the New Zealand Gazette:
- Applications for Medical Practitioners
- Listings of some deceased estates
- Details on newly appointed postmasters, as well as post offices opened and closed
- Bankruptcy notices
- Company notices, such as meeting, cessation of business, appointment, applications etc.
- Partnership notices
- Land transfer notices
- Charitable Trusts, and Friendly Society and Credit Union notices
- Parlimentary notices
- Legal notices, government institutions and positions
- Patent applications
- Naturalisation approval notices
The New Zealand Gazettes have information covering a broad spectrum of the community, with important details and facts on many many thousands of people. This product provides a great tool for anyone research New Zealand's, making information that is difficult to find easily accessible on one CD.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the years worth of issues. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text