New South Wales Telephone Exchanges List of Subscribers 1913 - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File format: PDF, 21MB (612 pages)
Year: (1913) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
This early telephone directory of New South Wales was issued in May 1913. It lists over 30,000 names of subscribers in Sydney and country NSW in over 600 pages. Unlike modern phone directories occupations are often given along with the address and the exchange.
The preliminary pages include other information giving insight into communications and society nearly 100 years ago.
- special notes, instructions and hints to subscribers
- list of charges from Sydney to suburban branch and country exchanges, as well as Melbourne
- times of operation of country exchanges
- list of public telephones and hours available
- Commonwealth and State government listings, often with the name of the government officer concerned
The whole 608 page directory is searchable. It is useful not only for finding names, but also places, occupations and other information.
This product contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
NOTE: this product is supplied as a digital download
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed
ALSO AVAILABLE ON CD-ROM
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS