New South Wales Telephone Directory 1953: Sydney - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File format: PDF, 124MB (1009 pages)
Year: (1953) 2009
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
This New South Wales Telephone Directory includes the city of Sydney and metropolitan exchanges including: Woolloomooloo, Ashfield, Castle Hill, Hornsby, Avalon Beach, Manly, Parramatta, Liverpool, Sutherland and many more. Directions on how to make local and trunk calls including their costs are listed along with much general but relevant information.
Also included is an index to the Pink Pages and a Classified Telephone Directory which contains a list of all business and professional subscribers, classified under the headings of their 'respective callings'
FIRE-(For Fire Calls Only)-
City & Suburbs .. .. .. M 022
Headquarters .. .. .. BW 022
217 Castlereagh St.
Circular Quay .. .. ..BU 023
Darlinghurst .. .. .. FA 022
George St. West .. .. M 023
Paddington .. .. .. . FA 023
Fire on Ships (Brigades) .. M 022
(Fire Floats) at All Hours. B 0545
List of Fire Stations (see Alphabetical List under "F")
City .. .. .. .. .. B 030
Suburbs (see State Govt Depts Section)
Headquarters, Campsie LF 3188
HOW TO CALL FROM AN AUTOMATIC (DIAL) TELEPHONE.
- Be sure you know the right number.
- Remove the receiver.
- Listen for the " dialling " tone-a continuous low-pitched burr-which signifies that the line is clear and that dialling may be commenced. If the "dialling " tone is not audible, or the "engaged" tone -an interrupted high-pitched sound is heard, replace the receiver for a few seconds before trying again.
To a number prefixed by a capital letter or letters. - Place your finger in the opening in the dial over the first letter of the number which you are calling, and move the dial clockwise until you strike the finger stop.
- Remove your finger from the opening and allow the dial to return unaided to its normal position.
- Then dial the other letter (if any) and figures in the order shown in the number.
- When you hear a low-pitched burr-burr sound-the " ringing" tone - the called telephone is ringing.
This product contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
NOTE: this product is supplied as a digital download
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed
ALSO AVAILABLE ON CD-ROM
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS
- All New South Wales directories
- All New South Wales ebooks
- All New South Wales products - books, data CDs, ebooks