New South Wales Police Gazette Compendium 1911-1915
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1CD (3196 pages)
Year: (1911-15) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Police gazettes provided information and instructions to members of the police force. You can expect the New South Wales Police Gazettes to include the following information that will usually list names and some times personal details, descriptions with photograph, addresses and/or occupations may be an added bonus for the researcher:
- deaths in public places
- escapees and absconders from custody
- lost or stolen property and stocknames of victims; sketches of jewellery and watches
- deserting wives, families, etc
- deserting from military service
- deserting from merchant vessels
- missing friends
- persons suspected or wanted for a crime and warrants issued
- police promotion examination results and appointments
- prisoners discharged from gaols
- prisoners released on tickets of leave (under licence)
- prohibited immigrants
- publicans licences
Gazettes are published by governments and their agencies as a means of communication to officials and the general public. As such they are useful, not only to monitor the actions of the government, but also as far as family, local and social historians are concerned, they are valuable primary source documents.
This CD contains five years of New South Wales Police Gazettes from 1911 to 1915 all on the one CD, at a discounted price.
High quality scanned images of the whole of each years issues. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text