New South Wales Government Gazette 1868
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (4730 pages)
Year: (1868) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1868 contains:
- appointees to government positions
- appointments to Public School Boards
- Deeds of Grant ready for delivery
- dissolution of business partnerships
- errors in deeds
- horse and cattle brands
- land for sale
- lapsed and forfeited conditional purchases of land, pre-emptive leases
- licenses for auctioneers, timber, and publicans, and notices for other licensing meetings
- licensed surveyors
- magistrates appointed
- medical practitioners
- ministers of religion
- petitions and counter-petitions
- Post Office mail contractors
- probate and letters of administration notices
- rents not paid and leases lapsed
- schedule of roads applied for to be closed and alienated (and the applicants)
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
In the goods of John Gallagher, late of the City of Sydney, in the Colony of New South Wales, licensed victualler, deceased, intestate.
NOTICE is hereby given, that William Gallagher, of the City of Sydney, drayman, intends to apply to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, in its Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction, at the expiration of fourteen days from the publication hereof, that letters of administration of the goods, chattels, credits, and effects of the abovenamed John Gallagher, deceased, may be granted to him, as the eldest son and heir-at-law of the said deceased.Dated this ninth day of January, A.D. 1868.
Proctor for Administrator,
176, Pitt-street, Sydney.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole year's worth of issues. These have been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.