New South Wales Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1946
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 3 CDs (21,770 pages)
Year: (1946) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
The CDs include the rolls for Barton, Calare, Cook, Cowper, Dalley, East Sydney, Gwydir, Hume, Lang, Martin, Newcastle, North Sydney, Parkes, Parramatta, Reid, Riverina, Robertson, Warringah, Werriwa, and West Sydney Divisions of New South Wales in 1946 almost 22,000 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of hundreds of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Barton - Bexley, Hurstville, Kogarah, Oatley, Peakhurst, Ramsgate, Rockdale, and Woniora.
- Calare - Bimbi, Bogan Gate, Canowindra, Carcoar, Condoblin, Cowra, Cumnock, Eugowra, Forbes, Grenfell, Koorawatha, Millthorpe, Molong, Orange, Parkes, Peak Hill, Stuart Town, Trundle, Wellington, and Wongarbon.
- Cook - Botany, Camdenville, Erskineville, La Perouse, Mascot, Newtown, Redfern, Rosebery, St Peters, Tempe, and Waterloo.
- Cowper - Bellingen, Bulahdelah, Chatsworth Island, Coffs Harbour, Copmanhurst, Dorrigo, Forster, Glenreagh, Grafton, Grafton South, Kempsey, Kendall, Macksville, Maclean, Port Macquarie, Smithtown, Taree, Tinonee, Ulmarra, Wauchope, and Wingham.
- Dalley - Annandale, Annandale South, Edgeware, Leichhardt, Leichhardt East, Lewisham, Lilyfield, Marrickville, Petersham, and Petersham North.
- East Sydney - Darlinghurst, Darlinghurst West, Foveaux, Glenmore, King, Paddington, Surry Hills, and Woollahra West.
- Gwydir - Ashford, Baradine, Bellata, Bingara, Boggabilla, Boggabri, Cassilis, Cobbora, Collarenebri, Coolah, Coonabarabran, Cryon, Gulgong, Gunnedah, Hill End, Inverell, Leadville, Moree, Mudgee, Quirindi, Mungindi, Narrabri, Walgett, Warialda, and Wee Waa.
- Hume - Adelong, Albury, Binalong, Boorowa, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Gundagai, Harden, Holbrook, Howlong, Lockhart, Tarcutta, The Rock, Tooma, Tumbarumba, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, Walbundrie, Yass, and Young.
- Lang - Arncliffe, Arncliffe East, Banksia, Belmore, Campsie, Earlwood, Harcourt, Kingsgrove, Lakemba, Marrickville South, and Punchbowl.
- Martin - Abbotsford, Concord, Croydon, Drummoyne, Five Dock, Gladesville, Haberfield, Hunters Hill, and Mortlake.
- Newcastle - Adamstown, Carrington, Hamilton, Lambton, Mayfield, Merewether, Newcastle, Stockton, Waratah, and Wickham.
- North Sydney - Artarmon, Chatswood, Chatswood West, Crows Nest, Lane Cove, Milsons Point, Naremburn, Northbridge, North Sydney, Roseville, and Willoughby.
- Parkes - Ashbury, Ashfield, Burwood, Croydon East, Croydon Park, Dulwich Hill, Enfield, Hurlstone Park, Riverside, Strathfield, and Summer Hill.
- Parramatta - Dundas, Eastwood, Epping, Gordon, Parramatta, Parramatta North, Pennant Hills, Putney, Rosehill, Ryde, and Turramurra.
- Reid - Auburn, Auburn North, Bankstown, Bankstown North, Bass Hill, Granville, Homebush, Lidcombe, Lidcombe South, and Merrylands.
- Riverina - Ardlethan, Barmedman, Berrigan, Cargelligo, Carrathool, Coolamon, Corowa, Deniliquin, Griffith, Hillston, Jerilderie, Junee, Leeton, Moama, Mulwala, Narrandera, North Wagga Wagga, Temora, Urana, and West Wyalong.
- Robertson - Blacktown, Branxton, Broke, Castle Hill, Clandulla, Dural, Fairfield, Gosford, Hornsby, Jerrys Plains, Kandos, Quakers Hill, Singleton, Swansea, Toronto, Wisemans Ferry, Woy Woy, Wyong and Yennora.
- Warringah - Balgowlah, Camaray, Deewhy, Manly, Mosman, Narrabeen, and Neutral Bay.
- Werriwa - Cabramatta, Camden, Campbelltown, Dapto, Helensburgh, Ingleburn, Keira, Kembla, Liverpool, Mittagong, Picton, Sutherland, Thirroul, Waterfall Sanatorium, Wollongong, and Woonona.
- West Sydney - Balmain, Balmain East, Camperdown, Darling Harbour, Glebe, Golden Grove, Newtown North, Phillip, Pyrmont, Rozelle, and Toxteth.
The following information is included for each elector:No. on roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division, State Electoral District and the Subdivision
Commonwealth Division of LANG. State Electoral District of CANTERBURY.
ROLL OF ELECTORS for the Subdivision of CAMPSIE.
No., Name in Full, Place of Living, Occupation, and Sex of each Elector. M signifies male; F signifies female.
1 Abbot, Eileen, 49 Cressy street, Canterbury, home duties, F
2 Abbot, Frederick, 49 Cressy street, Canterbury, storeman, M
3 Abbott, Alice Ida, 8 Ivy street, Canterbury, home duties, F
4 Abbott, Cecil Roy Ernest, 27 Amy street, motor mechanic, M
5 Abbott, Charles Reginald, 16 Hill street, master mariner, M
6 Abbott, Frederick Douglas, 8 Ivy street, Canterbury, labourer, M
7 Abbott, Edward Reginald, 37 Loch street, Campsie, electrician, M
This product contains high quality scanned images of the original electoral roll. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.