New South Wales Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1937
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 2 CDs (11460 pages)
Year: (1937) 2013
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This product includes the rolls for Barton, Cook, Cowper, Dalley, Hume, Lang, Parkes, Reid, Riverina, Wentworth, Werriwa and West Sydney divisions in New South Wales in 1937. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. you will find the details of hundreds of thousands of voters who resided in New South Wales at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Barton - Bexley, Hurstville, Kogarah, Kogarah North, Oatley, Peakhurst, Ramsgate, and Rockdale.
- Cook - Alexandria, Botany, Camdenville, Erskineville, La Perouse, Mascot, Newtown, Redfern, Rosebery, St Peters, Tempe, and Waterloo.
- Cowper - Bellingen, Bulahdelah, Chatsworth Island, Coff's Harbour, Copmanhurst, Dorrigo, Forster, Glenreagh, Grafton, Grafton South, Kempsey, Kempsey East, Kendall, Macksville, Maclean, Port Macquarie, Smithtown, Taree, Tinonee, Ulmarra, Wauchope and Wingham.
- Dalley - Annandale, Annandale South, Dulwich Hill, Leichhardt, Leichhardt East, Lewisham, Lilyfield, Marrickville, Newington and Petersham.
- Hume - Adelong, Albury, Binalong, Boorowa, Bowna, Cootamundra, Culcairn, Gundagai, Harden, Holbrook, Howlong, Lockhart, Tarcutta, The Rock, Tooma, Tumbarumba, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, Walbundrie, Yass and Young.
- Lang - Arncliffe, Belmore, Campsie, Earlwood, Harcourt, Kingsgrove, Lakemba, Marrickville South and Punchbowl.
- Parkes - Ashbury, Ashfield, Ashfield West, Burwood, Croydon Park, Enfield, Marrickville West, Strathfield and Summer Hill.
- Reid - Auburn, Auburn North, Bankstown, Bankstown North, Flemington, Granville, Homebush, Lidcombe and Merrylands.
- Riverina - Ardlethan, Barmedman, Berrigan, Cargelligo, Carrathool, Coolamon, Corowa, Deniliquin, Griffith, Hillston, Jerilderie, Junee, Leeton, Moama, Mulwala, Narrandera, North Wagga Wagga, Termora, Urana and West Wyalong.
- Wentworth - Bellevue Hill, Bondi, Bondi North, Bronte, Rose Bay, Vaucluse, Waverley and Woollahra.
- Werriwa - Camden, Campbelltown, Dapto, Helensburgh, Ingleburn, Kembla, Liverpool, Mittagong, Picton, Sutherland, Thirroul, Waterfall Sanatorium, Wollongong, Woonona.
- West Sydney - Balmain, Balmain East, Camperdown, Darling Harbour, Forest Lodge, Glebe, Golden Grove, Kentville, Kingston, Macdonaldtown, Phillip, Pyrmont, Rozelle and Toxteth.
The following information is included for each elector:
- No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division, State Electoral District and the Subdivision
This compendium set contains 12 of the 28 electoral roll divisions covering New South Wales in 1937.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.