Harnessing the Facebook Generation: Ideas for Involving Young People in Family History and Heritage - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 8MB (48 pages)
Author: J. Few
Other: b&w photos, index
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Despite its title, this book is not about how to set up a Facebook page, how to Tweet, or how to create a website. Instead, it is about ensuring a future for our research. It is about why we should be concerned about doing this and how we can go about making sure that our family's history is not only preserved, but enhanced when we are no longer able to be its custodian. It is about presenting our hobby in a way that is attractive to all age groups. This is a book for grown-ups who want to inspire their descendants and other young people, with a love of history and heritage.
It is a thought-provoking look at how we can encourage the next generation of family historians and why we might want to do so. Suggestions cover activities, outings, toys, games, books and ways of exploiting the internet in order to motivate and enthuse young people, even toddlers.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
Meet the Facebook generation
Overcoming barriers to involving young people
- The children in my family live too far away
- I have no children in my family
- The children in my family are too young
- The children in my family aren't interested
Books, magazine, films and websites
- Books aimed at the under 5s
- Books aimed at the 5-7 year olds
- Books aimed at the 8-11 year olds
- Books aimed at young people from the age of 12
Toys and games
Exploiting technology and the world of social media
Visits, re-enactments and reunions
Children like to do and touch
Ideas for the under fives
Books and websites
ALSO AVAILABLE AS A PRINTED BOOK
Harnessing the Facebook Generation: Ideas for Involving Young People in Family History and Heritage - printed guide
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS