show / hide sidebar
Guide to Baptist Historical Resources in Australia - EBOOK
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 16MB (68 pages)
Author: D. Parker
Other: b&w & colour photos
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Apart from the usual bdm records, as well as directory or electoral roll listings, researchers of Australian ancestors should consider using church records, and not just for baptisms, marriages or burials. If you had ancestors who attended a particular church there's a good chance they'll be mentioned in church bulletins somewhere along the line. This particular book describes the records specific to the Baptist denomination in Australia, together with where they are, and how to access them.
This guide to Baptist history resources gives an overview of the Baptist denomination, describing its background, structure, activities and special characteristics. This material provides an understanding of the nature and type of historical information and records that are available to researchers, It covers the central denominational organisation, and also the local church which is the main focus of Baptist church life.
There are detailed state-based lists of the various locations where historical records are to be found, and the type of record and conditions of access that apply. A particular feature in inforationa about books on Baptist history in Australia and the Baptist denomination.
Finally, this guidebook covers information about other sources of historical information ont he Baptist denomination, listings about other Baptist groups and also some information about related organisations which may provide helpful background for researchers.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
The download must be completed within 14 days of placing your order.
Section 1. The Baptist denomination
The origins of the Baptist denomination
- 17th century origins
- Australian developments
- The local church
The denominational organisation
- Ministry training an recognition
- Baptist Union records
Baptist ministers and how to trace them
Further reading on the Baptist denomination
Section 2. Baptist organisations, records and archives in Australia
- The Baptist Union of Australia Incorporation
- Global interaction
State Baptist Unions
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Section 3. More historical sources, other Baptist groups and related organisations
Other sources of historical information about Baptists in Australia
- General sources
- Baptist churches and individuals
- British origins
- Baptists with military connections
- Baptist periodicals in Australian libraries
Other Baptist groups
- Seventh Day Baptists Australia
- Strict and Particular Baptists
- Independent Baptists
- German Baptists
- Christian Endeavour
- The Boys' Brigade
- Girls Brigade
- Inter-denominational organisations
- Guide to Baptist Historical Resources in Australia - printed guide
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS - see religion category under each state