Australian Almanac 1833 (O'Shaughnessey) - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File format: PDF, 7MB (251 pages)
Author: E. O'Shaughnessey
Year: (1833) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Almanacs are a valuable resource for local, family and social historians as well as for researchers in other fields of Australian history.
The 1833 edition of the Australian Almanac was one that almost didn't come to fruition. This was due to lack of machinery to do the printing of the printers regular work, let alone the Almanac on top of it. But thankfully it was published, and now we have a great record of life as it was in New South Wales in 1833.
It is titled 'Australian', but it is about New South Wales, it is divided into various sections: Calendar, Public Days; Australian Agriculture, Horticultue &c., Supreme Court, Court of Requests; Miscellaneous Local Information &c., Civil Establishment of the Colony; Military Establishment; Public Institutions; and Shipping.
So with this publication which really is a 'reference book' for the year, you can find the answer to any number of questions:
- what are the costs of going to court
- what the rules relating to the sale of land
- details of customs information
- a listing of the towns and stations (together with residents names, and how many miles they are from Sydney)
- who the local postmasters are, when the mail arrives, and how much it costs to post a letter
- details of the various Governors of New South Wales, Lieutenant-Governors and Magistrates as well some Military Personnel
- what the regulations relating Assigned Convicts (both male and female are)
- the public institutions lists all the local societies, and those who are committee members
- and the list could go on and on ...
This product contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
NOTE: this product is supplied as a digital download
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed
ALSO AVAILABLE ON CD-ROM
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS