Victorian Government Gazette 1905
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (5057 pages)
Year: (1905) 2012
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
A massive volume of over 5,000 pages, the 1905 gazette includes information relating to a wide variety of topics of interest to both genealogists and historians:
- Auditors list of persons authorised to act as Auditors for Companies
- Business partnerships both the creation and dissolution
- Certificates of competency (under Marine Act 1890)
- Classified Roll of State School teachers
- Contracts accepted including supply of forage, supply of provisions, general stores for the Public Service
- Dealers in Poisons
- Estates of deceased persons
- Government appointments and general notices
- Land records including leases and licenses
- Licences Auctioneers and others
- Licensed Surveyors
- Magistrates appointed
- Mining companies applications for leases, leases approved, share holders of mining companies
- Ministers of religion registered to celebrate marriages
- Patents and trade marks
- Pharmaceutical Register
- Register of Medical Practitioners
- Register of Dentists
- Public Service list of employees
- Roll of Merchants and Traders, Roll of Underwriters, Roll of Ship Owners, Roll of Pilots, Roll of Engineers, Roll of Masters, and Roll of Seamen (under Marine Act 1890)
- Trustees including church land, cemetery sites, Mechanics Institutes, libraries, and more
- and much more
Gold Buyers Act 1901.
LIST of Gold Buyers' Licences issued at the undermentioned Revenue and Pay Offices during the week ended the 31st December, 1904.
Name, Occupation, Address, Date of Issue, court of Petty Sessions at which Certificate was granted.
Hewitt, John, hotel and store keeper, Lambert-street, Ararat, 31st December, Ararat.
King, William John, manager, London Bank of Australia Ltd., Ararat, 31st December, Ararat.
Mackay, Donald, manager, Bank of Victoria Ltd., Ararat, 31st December, Ararat.
Scott, Herbert Henry Umphelby, manager, Bank of New South Wales, Ararat, 3oth December, Ararat.
Clark, Donald, director School of Mines, Bairnsdale, 3oth December, Bairnsdale.
Williams, Joseph, grocer, Bairnsdale, 29th December, Bairnsdale.
This product contains high quality scanned images of the original gazettes. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text