Victorian Government Gazette 1884
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (3679 pages)
Year: (1884) 2009
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
A large volume of over 3,000 pages, the 1884 gazette includes information relating to a wide variety of topics of interest to both genealogists and historians.
- Business partnerships (both the creation and dissolution)
- Cemetery trustees
- Government appointments and general notices
- Intestacies, insolvencies and wills
- Land records
- Lost and stolen animals, impoundings
- Mining companies and leases granted
- Patents and trademark applications
- Plans for towns and parishes
- Private advertisements
- Successful tenderers for government works
- Unclaimed letters
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text