Tasmania Post Office Directory 1924 (Wise)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (458 pages)
Author: H. Wise
Year: (1924) 2009
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
One of the most effective ways of tracing members of a family, especially tradesmen, is through searching directories. Listing the names, addresses, and occupations it is a useful resource for historians.
In this directory you can expect to find people named with their addresses under:
- Alphabetical directory (colony-wide)
- Towns directory
- Street directory (Hobart and Launceston only)
- Trades directory
Other sections including names but usually not addresses:
- Government and official directory
- The Courts, barristers, solicitors, public notaries and Justices of the Peace
- Medical practitioners, dentists and chemists
- University of Tasmania staff
- Non-government school principals and music teachers
- Societies, dairy producers, fruit growers, hop growers, pastoral station owners and managers
- Municipal officers, Road Trusts secretaries, Fruit Board inspectors, Marine Boards members
- Bankers, building societies, insurance officers and company managers
- Manufacturers of English goods for export to Tasmania
Users should always refer to the display advertisements as they often provide names and addresses.
This is a invaluable resource for family, local and social historians wishing to know more about Tasmania and its people as it was in 1924.
Now readily available on CD-ROM for the first time, the CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text