Tasmania Post Office Directory 1911 (Wise)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (667 pages)
Author: H. Wise
Year: (1911) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
What is a Directory?
In general terms a directory is an extended version of our current day white pages and yellow pages combined (without the telephone numbers). They list many thousands of names, occupations and addresses ... but also so much more.
What information does this Directory contain?
Wise's directories, are known to amongst the most comprehensive. Divided into various sections you will find:
- British Section
- Cities, Towns and Townships
- Alphabetical directory
- Trades directory
- Miscellaneous directories (covers the banking, legal, Justices of the Peace, medical, ecclesiastical, educational, agricultural, government and official, and postal fields)
What areas are covered by this Directory?
This directory covers both Hobart and Launceston, as well as naming the trades and residents in over 400 towns throughout Tasmania.
How can this Directory help me?
They contain an immense amount both information, both for the genealogist and historian.
- The alphabetical section lists the names of each head of household and their town of residence, in many cases their occupation and street address is also listed.
- The cities, town and townships directory lists individuals and businesses alphabetical by town, with the name and occupation of each person listed in each town.
- The trade directory contains information on businesses and companies, listed alphabetically by trade, with an address.
- The miscellaneous section contains the names and positions of 1000s of people in various other occupations such as banking, education, agriculture, government, medical, postal and numerous others ...
- The advertisements are a useful source of information as well.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text