Tasmania Police Gazette 1924
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (260 pages)
Year: (1924) 2009
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Police gazettes provided information and instructions to members of the police force. You can expect the Tasmanian Police Gazettes (in the earliest years called Reports of Crime) to include the following information that will usually list names and sometimes personal details, descriptions with photograph, addresses and/or occupations may be an added bonus for the researcher:
- convict returns
- disciplining of police
- escapees and absconders from custody
- housebreakers and burglars
- licensed carriers, hawkers, oyster fishers, and tanners
- deserting wives, families, etc
- deserting from military service
- deserting from merchant vessels
- missing friends
- murderers and their victims
- police resignations
- prisoners discharged from gaols and released on tickets of leave
- property and stock recovered
- rewards - names of persons offering a reward
- victims of arson
- victims of horse and cattle stealing or straying
- victims of lost or stolen property
- victims of sheep stealing or straying
SAMPLE ENTRY (from 22 February 1924 issue):
WARRANTS ISSUED AND NOW IN THIS OFFICE.
HOBART.-PATRICK DENIS WHITE or WHYTE is charged, on Warrant issued on the 20th instant, by E. W. Turner, Esq., P.M., for that he, being a person of sufficient means, has, without lawful or reasonable excuse or cause, deserted his wife, Ruby White, at Hobart, in Tasmania, on and since the 1st August, 1923. Description : Age about 30 years, height about 5 feet 6 inches, fair complexion and hair blue eyes ; a chef by occupation. Supposed to be residing at Melbourne.
High quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s.Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.