Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1939
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2258 pages)
Year: (1939) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This set includes the rolls for Bass, Denison, Darwin, Franklin and Wilmot Divisions of Tasmania in 1939 over 2500 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in Tasmania at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Bass - Flinders, George Town, Launceston Central, Launceston East, Launceston North, Launceston West, Lilydale, Portland, Ringarooma, Scottsdale and St Leonards
- Denison - Hobart Central, Hobart East, Hobart North, Hobart South, Hobart West, New Town and Queenborough
- Darwin - Circular Head, Devonport, Emu Bay, Gormanston, Kentish, King Island, Leven, Penguin, Queenstown, Strahan, Table Cape, Waratah and Zeehan
- Franklin - Clarence, Esperance, Glenorchy, Huon, Kingborough, Moonah, Nelson, New Norfolk, Port Cygnet, Richmond, Sorell, Spring Bay and Tasman
- Wilmot - Beaconsfield, Bothwell, Brighton, Campbell Town, Deloraine, Evandale, Fingal, Glamorgan, Hamilton, Latrobe, Longford, Oatlands and Westbury
Maps of most of the subdivisions are included.
The following information is included for many (but not all) entries:No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division and Subdivision
Roll of Electors for the Subdivision of
No., Name in full, Place of Living, Occupation, and Sex of each Elector.
1 ADAMS, Alice Jane, Sea Elephant, King Island, h. duties, F
2 Adams, John, Sea Elephant, King Island, labourer, M
3 Alderman, John Clemont, Three Rivers, King Is., motor eng., M
4 Anderson, Adam, Pearshape, King Island, labourer, M
5 Anderson, Alice Mary, Pearshape, King Island, home duties, F
This product contains high quality scanned images of the original rolls. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text