South Australian Education Gazette 1911
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (320 pages)
Year: (1911) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The South Australian Education Gazette was issued monthly and contains a wealth of information for family, local, educational and social historians. Now you can browse or search the gazette at your own convenience - a resource you may not have had ready access to, or time to use on a library - or perhaps may not have known existed. And the ability to search any word in the text enables you to check for any person, place or word in the text, a task too often too intimidating before this new searchable CD edition.
Here you will find:
- a full list of schools in the January issue - with average attendance, numbers examined and teachers - with position, personal classification, salary allowances and more
- teacher appointments and promotions
- other personal notices on occasions - births, deaths, marriages, retirements, resignations
- school information
- examination results
- recipients of scholarships, exhibitions and bursaries
In addition to the many names the gazette gives insight into what schooling was like in the late 19th century
- detailed information on subjects studied
- articles on the curriculum of various subject
- specimens of examination papers
- answers to all correspondents
- notes and news on particular schools
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.