South Australia Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1941 Compendium
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (5546 pages)
Year: (1941) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
The CD includes the rolls for Barker, Boothby, Grey, Hindmarsh, and Wakefield Divisions of South Australia in 1941 over 5,500 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of over 200,000 voters who resided in South Australia at this time who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Maps of each subdivision are included.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Barker Bordertown, Clarendon, Glenelg, Kingscote, Kingston, Lameroo, Loxton, Mannum, Meningie, Millicent, Morphett Vale, Mount Barker, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge, Naracoorte, Penola, Strathalbyn, Tailem Bend, Victor Harbor, Waikerie, and Willunga.
- Boothby Burnside, Edwardstown, Goodwood, Magill, Mitcham, Plympton, and Unley.
- Grey Brinkworth, Bute, Cowell, Crystal Brook, Elliston, Fowlers Bay, Gladstone, Jamestown, Maitland, Melrose, Minlaton, Port Augusta, Port Germein, Port Lincoln, Port Pirie, Snowtown, Streaky Bay, Tarcoola, Tumby Bay, Wallaroo, Whyalla, Willochra, and Yorketown.
- Hindmarsh Albert Park, Hindmarsh, Lockleys, Port Adelaide, Semaphore, and Thebarton.
- Wakefield Angaston, Balaklava, Beltana, Blyth, Carrieton, Clare, Cockburn, Eudunda, Gawler, Gumeracha, Hawker, Kapunda, Kooringa, Marree, Mount Pleasant, Northfield, Norton Summit, Orroroo, Peterborough, Renmark, Riverton, Saddleworth, Salisbury, Spalding, Terowie, Truro, Two Wells, and Woodside.
The following information is included for each elector:
- No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division, State Assembly District and the Subdivision
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text