Queensland Post Office Directory 1907 (Wise)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (1260 pages)
Author: H. Wise
Year: (1907) 2009
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Directories are an invaluable resource for local, family and social historians as well as for researchers in other fields of Australian history. While they do not give you birth, death and marriage details - core records for genealogists and family historians - they can certainly provide you with information on the region where your ancestors lived, as well as information on their occupation and much more.
This large Wise's directory is comprehensive in its coverage. It contains not just a post office directory, with information on residents together with their address (both street-by-street and alphabetical), but also the following directories:
- North Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Country towns (including many which are now suburbs of Brisbane): in general, it gives the location, other significant details about the town and a listing of residents
- Associations and Trade Unions
- Friendly Societies
- Banking and Finance
- Pastoral and Agricultural: one listing according to the type of enterprise (for example, coffee planters, farmers and graziers, sugar planters, vignerons) and another an alphabetical listing of stations, runs and grazing farms with over 1,500 sheep or 300 cattle
- Local Government
- and hundreds of advertisements
COLEYVILLE, W. Moreton dist. 50 m. from Brisbane; rail to Harrisville, thence 7 m.
Coley Philemon, farmer
Coley John T. frmr
Dau Carl & Chas. frmrs
Dau August, frmr
Dickfos August & Carl, farmers
This directory contains hundreds of thousands of people, many with occupations and addresses and gives insight into early 20th century Queensland.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.