Queensland Police Gazette 1945
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (669 pages)
Year: (1945) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Police Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. Described as a CONFIDENTIAL publication for the exclusive use of the Police Force and Prison Officials, its contents were not to be disclosed to other persons. In Queensland the closure period extends for 65 years.
Apart from general information to the members of the police force, the 1945 gazette includes details on:
- apprehensions, including the name of the offender, age, the charge, complainants name, how disposed of, place and date of conviction and by whom arrested
- crimes committed giving the details of the crime, the victim and, when known, the suspected perpetrator
- escapees and absconders from custody
- lost or stolen property and stocknames of victims
- deserters from His Majestys Service and merchant vessels
- missing friends and persons enquired for
- persons suspected of committing offences
- police appointments, transfers, retirements, resignations, dismissals, discharges and superannuations
- police promotion examination results
- prisoners tried at supreme and circuit courts
- prisoners discharged from gaols and prisoners released under licence
- prohibited immigrants
- returns of unexecuted warrants
- summonses issued
- warrants issued for the arrest of suspected criminals
- wife and child deserters
- and more ...
You can expect to find personal details, descriptions with photograph, addresses and/or occupations. The Supplement which was issued every fortnight during 1945 gave criminal photographs, modus operandi, aliases, particulars of various deformities, scars, tattoo marks, accomplishments, characteristics, and peculiar acts committed at scenes of crime.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text