Queensland Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1939
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (10276 pages)
Year: (1939) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
There are in excess of 10,000 pages in the full set of 1939 Commonwealth electoral rolls for Queensland. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of about 600,000 voters who resided in Queensland at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote.
The electoral divisions covered by this CD are:
- Brisbane - Brisbane, Fortitude Valley, Ithaca, Kelvin Grove, Merthyr, Paddington, and Toowong
- Capricornia - Banana, Bundaberg, Duaringa, Eidsvold, Emerald, Fitzroy, Gladstone, Keppel, Livingstone, Mount Morgan, Musgrave, Nebo, Rockhampton, Rockhampton North, St. Lawrence, and Springsure
- Darling Downs - Allora, Clifton, Crows Nest, East Toowoomba, Esk, Gatton, Greenmount, Helidon, Highfields, Ipswich North, Killarney, Laidley, Leyburn, Marburg, Oakey, Rosewood, Toowoomba, Warwick, and Yarraman
- Griffith - Bulimba, Buranda, Coorparoo, Kurilpa, Maree, South Brisbane and Stephens. There is a detailed map and description of the boundaries for each of the subdivisions.
- Herbert - Ayr, Bowen, Ingham, Innisfail, Mackay, Mirani, Proserpine, Thuringowa, Townsville, and Tully
- Kennedy - Alpha, Aramac, Atherton, Barcaldine, Boulia, Burke, Cairns, Charters Towers, Chillagoe, Clermont, Cloncurry, Cooktown, Croydon, Dalrymple, Douglas, Georgetown, Gordonvale, Herberton, Hughenden, Longreach, Mareeba, Muttaburra, Normanton, Pentland, Ravenswood, Richmond, Somerset, and Winton.
- Lilley - Enoggera, Nundah, Sandgate, Toombul, and Windsor. There is a detailed map and description of the boundaries for each of the subdivisions.
- Maranoa - Adavale, Augathella, Blackall, Bollon, Charleville, Chinchilla, Cunnamulla, Dalby, Eulo, Gayndah, Goondiwindi, Inglewood, Isisford, Jondaryan, Jundah, Miles, Mitchell, Nanango, Pittsworth, Roma, St. George, Stanthorpe, Surat, Tambo, Taroom, Texas, Thargomindah, Windorah, and Yeulba
- Moreton - Beaudesert, Boonah, Bremer, Cleveland, Goodna, Harrisville, Ipswich, Logan, Moggill, Mount Gravatt, Sherwood, Southport, The Islands, and Wynnum
- Wide Bay - Biggenden, Caboolture, Childers, Gin Gin, Gympie, Howard, Kilkivan, Landsborough, Maleny, Maryborough, Mount Perry, Nambour, North Pine, Pialba, Tiaro, Widgee, Wondai, and Woodford
The following information is included for most (but not all) entries:
- No. on Roll
- Christian name and surname in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division and the Subdivision
DIVISION OF DARLING DOWNS.
ROLL OF ELECTORS for the Subdivision of LAIDLEY.
No., Name in Full, Place of Living, Occupation, and Sex of each Elector.
M signifies male; F signifies female.
1 ABRAHAM, Anna, Blenheim, home duties, F
2 Adams, Audrey Alice, Yarongmulu, home duties, F
3 Adams, David Richard, Yarongmulu, station master, M
4 Adams, Emily, Campbell st., Laidley, home duties, F
This CD contains high quality scanned images of each of the original rolls, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text