Pugh's Almanac and Queensland Directory 1891
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (870 pages)
Author: T. Pugh
Year: (1891) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
In this directory you can expect to find people named with their addresses:
Other sections including names but usually not addresses:
- Government and official directory
- Courts, barristers, JPs, solicitors and public notaries
- Head teachers of government schools
- Savings Bank staff
- Military officers Consuls, Government pensioners
- Medical practitioners, dentists and chemists
- Lodge masters and temperance society officers
- Bankers, insurance officers and company managers
Users should always refer to the display advertisements as they often provide names and addresses.
One of the most effective ways of tracing members of a family, especially tradesmen, is through searching directories. Many small businesses needed to ensure the public was aware of their activity and one of the better ways to do this in an age before media domination was via a directory. The value of directories as a research tool is enhanced when no census material is available.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text