New South Wales Government Gazette 1876
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (5332 pages)
Year: (1876) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1876 contains:
- appointees to government positions
- appointments to Public School Boards
- Deeds of Grants ready for delivery
- dissolution of business partnerships
- errors in deeds
- horse and cattle brands
- land reserved from sale for quarries, railway purposes, refuge in time of flood, recreation, road metal, road purposes, sericulture, timber, travelling stock, trigonometrical stations, village sites, water supply
- lapsed and forfeited conditional purchases of land, arrears of interest on conditional purchases, pre-emptive leases
- licenses for auctioneers; wine, cider and perry; timber; publicans; billiard and bagatelle; packet; and notices for other licensing meetings
- licensed surveyors
- magistrates appointed
- medical practitioners
- ministers of religion
- petitions and counter-petitions for/against Municipalities
- probate and letters of administration notices
- rents not paid and leases lapsed
- schedule of roads applied for to be closed and alienated (and the applicants)
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
I, ISAAC AARON, being the Medical Officer of the Gaol of Darlinghurst, do hereby declare and certify, that I have this day witnessed the execution of Ah Chong, lately convicted and duly sentenced to death at the Supreme Criminal Court, Sydney, and I further certify that the said Ah Chong was, in pursuance of such sentence, hanged by the neck until his body was dead.
Given under my hand this 18th day of April, in the year 1876.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole year's worth of issues, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text