New South Wales Government Gazette 1872
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (3440 pages)
Year: (1872) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1872 contains:
- appointees to government positions
- appointments to Public School Boards
- Deeds of Grants ready for delivery
- dissolution of business partnerships
- errors in deeds
- horse and cattle brands
- land for sale; crown land set aside for religious purposes
- lapsed and forfeited conditional purchases of land, pre-emptive leases
- licenses for auctioneers, timber, and publicans, and notices for other licensing meetings
- licensed surveyors
- magistrates appointed
- medical practitioners
- ministers of religion
- petitions and counter-petitions
- Post Office mail contractors
- probate and letters of administration notices
- rents not paid and leases lapsed
- schedule of roads applied for to be closed and alienated (and the applicants)
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
TOLLS TO BE COLLECTED AT THE TANKS AND WELLS ON THE ROAD BETWEEN THE LACHLAN AND DARLING, FROM BOOLIGAL TO WILCANNIA.
TENDERS are invited from persons who may be willing to lease the Tolls authorized to be collected for Watering Stock at the Tanks and Wells which have been established on the undermentioned Reserves on the road between Booligal on the Lachlan and Wilcannia on the Darling River:-
1. Well at the Jump-up Sand-hill, situated in a Reserve of 640 acres at the Jump-up Sand-hill.
2. Well at Mossgeil, situated in a Reserve of 1281 acres, at Mossgeil, Willandra Billabong.
3. Well at Waiko, situated in a Reserve of 722½ acres at Waiko ...
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole years original issue, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text