New South Wales Government Gazette 1870
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2996 pages)
Year: (1870) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1870 contains:
- appointees to government positions
- appointments to Public School Boards
- Deeds of Grants ready for delivery
- dissolution of business partnerships
- errors in deeds
- horse and cattle brands
- land for sale; crown land set aside for religious purposes
- lapsed and forfeited conditional purchases of land, pre-emptive leases
- licenses for auctioneers, timber, and publicans, and notices for other licensing meetings
- licensed surveyors
- magistrates appointed
- medical practitioners
- ministers of religion
- petitions and counter-petitions
- Post Office mail contractors
- probate and letters of administration notices
- rents not paid and leases lapsed
- schedule of roads applied for to be closed and alienated (and the applicants)
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
GREAT SOUTHERN, WESTERN, AND RICHMOND RAILWAYS AGRICULTURAL EXHIBITION, GOULBURN.
LIVE STOCK and implements to and from the Show will be conveyed by the ordinary trains, to be loaded and unloaded by owners, and subject to owners risk and usual conditions, as under:-
To the Show, if not for sale, free.
From the Show, if unsold, free.
From the Show, if sold, full rates.
Commissioner for Railways.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original gazettes, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.