New South Wales Government Gazette 1866
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (3402 pages)
Year: (1866) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1866 contains:
- accepted tenders for runs
- appointees to government positions
- appointments of Magistrates of the Colony
- certificates of competency issued by Pilot Board
- contracts for the conveyance of post office mails
- convicts gaining / being deprived of Tickets of Leave
- convicts granted Conditional Pardons including the terms of the pardon
- dissolution of business partnerships
- error in deeds
- estates of deceased persons
- insolvent estates
- land transactions
- legally qualified medical practitioners
- licenses for auctioneers, publicans, spirit merchants, brewers, and notices for publicans and packet licensing meetings
- ministers of religion registered for the celebration of marriages
- probate and letters of administration announcements
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
FORTY POUNDS REWARD.
WHEREAS, on the 27th instant, two Convicts named Lawrence Cummings and John Southgate, effected their escape from Her Majestys Gaol, Berrima: Notice is hereby given, that a Reward of Twenty Pounds will be paid by the Government for the re-capture of each of the offenders named, or for such information as shall lead to their re-apprehension.
DESCRIPTION OF ESCAPED PRISONERS.
Cummings is 24 years of age, 5 feet 9¾ inches high, medium build, fair complexion, freckled, brown hair, grey eyes, B inside left arm, smart appearance, walks erect ; native of Windsor, New South Wales.
Southgate is 22 years of age, 5 feet 11¾ inches high, medium build, sallow complexion, brown hair, hazel eyes ; a native of New South Wales.
High quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.