New South Wales Government Gazette 1862
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2755 pages)
Year: (1862) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1862 contains:
- accepted tenders for runs
- appointees to government positions
- appointments of Magistrates of the Territory
- certificates of competency issued by Pilot Board
- convicts gaining / being deprived of Tickets of Leave
- convicts granted Conditional Pardons including the terms of the pardon
- dissolution of business partnerships
- error in deeds
- estates of deceased persons
- insolvent estates
- land sales / transfers of runs
- legally qualified medical practitioners
- licenses for auctioneers, spirit merchants, brewers, and notices for publicans, confectioners, hawkers & pedlers licensing meetings
- ministers of religion registered for the celebration of marriages
- police appointments
- probate and letters of administration announcements
- ships deserters
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
THE undermentioned Convict, whose Ticket- of-Leave has been cancelled for absence from Queanbeyan, is now illegally at large:-
Vide Report of Crime of 15th August, 1861.
William Bruce, gazetted for Yass District, but subsequently altered to Queanbeyan, was convicted at the Brisbane Circuit Court, on the 13th July, 1858, sentence, 5 years for stealing from a dwelling; per ship Herald, to Adelaide; native of Glasgow; seaman; 57 years of age; 5 feet 81 inches high; pale sallow complexion; brown to grey eyes; blue marks on right arm ; legs withered.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.