Handy Guide: DNA Chromosome Mapping - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 1MB (4 pages)
Author: K. Farmer
Other: b&w & colour photos, further reading
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Chromosome mapping is an emerging technique that increases the benefits of DNA testing. It is likely to become a key tool for genealogists.
This guide helps you through the steps from downloading your DNA from the different testing companies and finding shared segments as well as identifying the ancestors who handed it down to you.
Once identified, the segments can be added to a chromosome map, labelled with the name of the ancestor from whom you inherited it as well as the genetic cousin whose DNA allowed you to identify it.
Coverage includes two methods of recording the data and displaying a chromosome map:
- DNA Painter – a dedicated online program into which you paste segment data, and
- Kitty Cooper’s Chromosome Mapper – receives input from a spreadsheet of shared segment data.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
- Handy Guide: DNA Chromosome Mapping - printed guide
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS