Charters Towers Gold Mines 1892
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (274 pages)
Author: L. Marsland
Year: (1892) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Charters Towers is a scenic gold mining city that is big on history and character. From a chance discovery of gold in 1871, Charters Towers was soon turned into a bustling metropolis, which in its heyday, boasted being the second largest city in Queensland.
"Charters Towers Gold Mines" was written in 1892 by L.W. Marsland in response to requests to provide information about the gold field of Charters Towers, its mines and the colonially constituted companies who owned them. It contains much information that has never before been published, and represents most of the largest mining interests in Charters Towers, with the most up-to-date reports of
the time on the position, prospects and progress of the various mines.
The book is divided into five parts containing:
- Detailed information and statistics on the gold field and town
- A history of the gold field and notes on the technical elements of gold mining.
- Alphabetical lists of the more important reefs and mine holdings and mining companies with operations in Charters Towers
- Details and descriptions of the more important mines
This is a valuable record not only of the region, but also in relations to the mines and mining companies involved.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text