show / hide sidebar
A Tartan Sourcebook
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD
This CD is a "Sourcebook", which is a compilation of a variety of materials on a given topic. This particular Sourcebook brings together a wide selection of articles dealing with some aspect of tartans and other Scottish textiles.
The articles or books included are:
- "Two Textiles from the National Museum, Edinburgh"
- "The Black Watch Tartan," by H.D. MacWilliam
- "On Highland Dyeing and Colourings of Native-Made Tartans"
- "Early Textiles Found in Scotland"
- "Fisher Tartan"
- "The Truth About Gordon Tartan"
- "Highland Dyes"
- "The Myth of Clan Tartans"
- A review of D.W. Stewart's Old and Rare Scottish Tartans
- Simple Tartan Weaving , by Agnes MacDonald
- "Notes on the Spinning Gear of Former Times"
- "The First Uniform Tartan"
- "Royal Company of Archers -- The First Tartan Uniform"
- "Textiles and Weaving Appliances in Prehistoric Britain"
- "The Truth About the Tartans," by A.E. Haswell Miller
- "Textiles from a Viking Grave at Kildonan, on the Isle of Eigg"
This CD consists of scans of the original articles or books, which can be browsed, enlarged and printed if required. Please note: it is not searchable.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later