Victorian Government Gazette 1906
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (5627 pages)
Year: (1906) 2012
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
A massive volume of over 5,600 pages, the 1906 gazette includes information relating to a wide variety of topics of interest to both genealogists and historians:
- Auditors list of persons authorised to act as Auditors for Companies
- Business partnerships both the creation and dissolution
- Certificates of competency (under Marine Act)
- Contracts accepted including in the mines, railways, supply of prisoners rations &c.
- Dealers in Poisons
- Estates of deceased persons
- Government appointments and general notices
- Land Tax Register and Valuation for Victoria
- Land records including leases, licenses, grants, renewals and permits
- List of Licensed Surveyors
- Mining companies and leases granted; shareholders of mining companies
- Ministers of religion registered to celebrate marriages
- Patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Pharmaceutical Register for 1906
- Register of Medical Practitioners for 1906
- Register of Dentists for 1906
- Public Service list of employees
- Roll of Merchants and Traders, Roll of Underwriters, Roll of Ship Owners, Roll of Pilots, Roll of Engineers, Roll of Masters, and Roll of Seamen (under Marine Act 1890)
- Trustees for cemeteries &c.
- and much more
SOUTH BENDIGO GOLD MINING COMPANY
The names and addresses and occupations of the shareholders, and the number of shares held by each at this date, are as below :----
Name, Address, Occupation. Number of Shares.
Thomas Morrow, Hargreaves-street, Bendigo, auctioneer ... 1,000
Joseph H. Knight, Mitchell-street, Bendigo, dentist ... 1,000
Alfred M. Pool, Mitchell-street, Bendigo, tailor ... 1,000
Michael Hennessey, McCrae-street, Bendigo, inspector ... 1,000
Marshall Sheard, Raywood, mining manager ... 1,000
S. A. Cock, 4 Pyke's Buildings, Bendigo, legal manager (in trust for vendors) ... 5,000
S. A. Cock, 4 Pyke's Buildings, Bendigo, legal manager (in trust for shareholders) ... 30,000
This product contains high quality scanned images of the original gazette. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text