Victorian Government Gazette 1899
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (5005 pages)
Year: (1899) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
A massive volume of over 5,000 pages, the 1899 gazette includes information relating to a wide variety of topics of interest to both genealogists and historians:
- Auditors list of persons authorised to act as Auditors for Companies
- Business partnerships both the creation and dissolution
- Classified Roll of State School teachers
- Contracts accepted including supply of forage, supply of provisions, general stores for the Public Service
- Government appointments and general notices
- Intestacies, insolvencies and wills
- Land records including leases and licenses
- Licensed Surveyors
- Lost and stolen animals, impoundings
- Magistrates appointments
- Mining companies and leases granted
- Patents and trademarks
- Register of Medical Practitioners
- Register of Dentists
- Public Service Board list of employees
- Roll of Merchants and Traders, Roll of Underwriters, Roll of Ship Owners, Roll of Pilots, Roll of Engineers, Roll of Masters, and Roll of Seamen (under Marine Act 1890)
- Trustees including church land, and cemetery sites, Mechanics Institutes, libraries, racecourses
- Unclaimed letters
- Victorian Military Forces appointments, transfers, resignations
Some other items of interest in the 1899 Gazette are: Names and addresses of shareholders of various mining companies, Land Tax Register and Valuation for Victoria, and a list of candidates entitled to present themselves for Public Service examinations
THE following is a List of Candidates entitled to present themselves at the Examination for the Non-clerical Division of the Public Service to be held at Ballarat, Beechworth, Bendigo, Castlemaine, Geelong, Hamilton, Horsham, Maryborough, Melbourne, Sale, Seymour, Stawell, and Warrnambool on Saturday, 16th December, 1899.
TELEPHONE SWITCH OPERATORS FEMALE
No. Name. No. Name
9320 Adams, Agnes H. 9983 Colahan, Mary M. R.
9360 Adkins, Evelyn E. 9204 Coles, Annie H. M.
10161 Ahern, Eliza 9203 Coles, Grace.
10160 Aickin, Helen. 9514 Collins, Mary.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text