Victoria Police Gazette 1910
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (763 pages)
Year: (1910) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Are you aware that Police Gazettes are a unique, useful, fascinating resource, and they contain a goldmine of information for local, family and social historians? They were compiled to be distributed amongst the Police Force only, and as such, contain details and information that can not be found anywhere else.
While they do include listings of those in the Police Force who have been appointed, discharged, resigned or died, they contain so much more. Such as curt lists, lists of warrants issued, appointments and changes in the Police Service, lists of arrests and discharges (which include descriptions), escaped prisoners, as well as missing persons together with descriptions. Also you will find information on item/s stolen and from who. Notices from Police Gazettes from other states are also often included.
Usually issued weekly, here collected together on the one CD is the whole of the 1910 years worth of issues.
Example entry taken from the 7 April 1910 issue:
James Egan is inquired for by his aunt, Mary Murphy, 8 Killarney-street,Dublin, Ireland. Description:- 40 years of ago, 6 feet high, well built. He left Ireland in 1891 for Melbourne. He is inquired for to claim money left him. It is thought he may be known in yachting or fishing circles.-O.2236. 5th April, 1910.
Example entry taken from the 21 April 1910 issue: [note, only a very small portion of this entry has been transcribed]
Motor Cars, Motor Cycles, and Motor Drivers' Licences
No. / Name / Address
76. Spowers, Edward A., 206 Clarendon-street, East Melbourne
77. Smith, Herbert H., Barker's-road, Hawthorn
78. Anderson, James Fisher, "Maloa", Woodend
79. Wood, William Atkinson, 1 Walsh-street, South Yarra
80. Firth, George, 366 Toorak-road, South Yarra
81. Robb, William James, "Sans Souci", Wallace-street, Toorak
82. Love, William Alexander, "Barbreck", Heyington-place, Toorak
83. MacKinnon, Lauchlan, "Laluma", Orrong-road, Toorak
84. Sloan, John, Bullabul, Inglewood
85. Young Bros., Nhill
86. Hughes, Alfred Edward, c/o Colonial Sugar Refining Co., Yarraville
Fascinating searching and useful information for anyone interested in Victoria's history and people.
Now searchable, these Gazettes on CD-ROM open up a world of interesting and comprehensive information about individual people and their lives in Victoria. High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text