The History and Topography of Glen Osmond
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (174 pages)
Author: T. Gill
Year: (1905) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
A valuable history and record of this significant early community close to the city of Adelaide. It tells of its pioneers, industries, places of worship, businesses, social and cultural institutions and more.
Other features of the book are:
- extracts from the "Register of Marriages" belonging to the Church of St. Saviour's
- list of householders and old residents of Glen Osmond who were living at the date of compilation in 1905
- obituaries of pioneers of Glen Osmond
- Glen Osmond Cemetery - names and dates of death or burial from headstones and burial records
- many photos
- map of Glen Osmond
- 16 page index of names places and subjects
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.