Tasmanian Directory 1867-68 (MacPhail)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (250 pages)
Year: (1867) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
An important early directory of Tasmania arranged with separate listings of residents for Hobart Town, Kingsborough, Launceston, Selby and each of 23 districts throughout Tasmania. The street address is given in larger towns, and occupation in many instances. Around 18,000 names are listed in the main directory and many more in the general information section.
The features of the book are:
- 160 pages of directory listings
- 40 pages of general information, including many other professional listings and other useful information on the colony
- many more preliminary pages with over 100 ads
- advertising broadsheet 'The Tasmanian Yearly Advertiser 1867-68'
Note: Unfortunately this does not include the leaf with the folding map of Tasmania as in the original.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original volume, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text